- To APPLY to become an Election Worker, please (1) complete the application below and (2) click SEND to submit it.
- A staff member will contact you to confirm receipt of your application and provide additional information.
- By filling out this form, you certify that the below answers are true and that you have read and can fulfill the requirements to become an Election Worker in Sumter County. Completing the application does not guarantee you a position as an Election Worker.
- If you need assistance in completing the application, please contact our office at (352) 569-1540 (Press 1 for Directory and 1 for the Election Worker Department)
ALL Election Workers are required to:
- Be a REGISTERED VOTER in Sumter County.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Have the ability to read and write in English.
- Lift and assemble 20lb – 30lb voting equipment.
- Attend training before EVERY election (per F.S. 102.014).
- WORK on Election Day from 5:45 am until work is complete after the closing of the polls at 7:00 pm.
- Be willing to deal with the public in a courteous, patient, and efficient manner.
- MUST Be willing to work at any precinct in Sumter County.
- Provide your own transportation to and from training and assignment locations.
The Sumter County Supervisor of Elections Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Laws of Florida. You must notify the hiring authority in advance if you require special accommodations because of a disability to participate in the application/selection process.