To apply to become an Election Worker please complete the application and click SEND. A member of our staff will contact you to confirm receipt of your application and provide additional information.
By filling out this form, you certify that the below answers are true, and that you have read and can fulfill the requirements to become an Election Worker in Sumter County. Completing the application does not guarantee you a position as an Election Worker.
If you need assistance in completing the application, please contact our office: (352) 569-1540
* Attend training before EVERY election (per F.S. 102.014)
* Be 18 years of age
* Must be a Sumter County registered voter
* Must have the ability to read and write in English
* Attend on Election Day from 5:45 am until work is completed after the closing of the polls at 7:00 pm.
* Lift and assemble 20lb – 30lb voting equipment
* Be willing to deal with the public in a courteous, patient, and efficient manner
* Must be willing to work at any precinct in Sumter County